posted Dec 20, 2011, 3:12 PM by tommy tony
updated Dec 21, 2011, 8:17 AM
Vive le Québec libre!
Just in time for the holidays, here's an update that - in my opinion - rounds off the "master plan" I had when I first conceived of this plugin a year ago almost exactly.
I'd like to thank all of you for your patience in supporting this project all year long. I look forward to adding more exciting features in the year ahead!
Here's what's new in War
- Permissions changes & warzone authors
- Two new permission nodes: war.zonemaker and war.admin.
- Give the war.zonemaker permission node to let people create new warzones.
- When zone makers create a zone, they are automatically assigned as a warzone author.
- Zone makers cannot edit others' warzones anymore. You need to be the author of a zone to edit it.
- Add more authors to a warzone with /zonecfg author:<newauthor>.
- Remove an author with /zonecfg deleteauthor:<name>.
- List zone authors with /zonecfg -p.
- Give the war.admin permission node to let people edit all warzones (without author restrictions) and change War settings. This is similar to the old war.* permission.
- Backwards compatible: the old war.* permission node is still supported and still gives you full War permissions. When using pvpinzonesonly:true, with war.* you can always PVP outside warzones, while war.admin gives you the choice to add the war.pvp node or not.
- Craftbukkit RB 1597 / MC 1.0.1 compatibility
- Potions and enchanted items can now be saved in respawn loadouts, chests and dispensers.
- Instant damage (harm) splash potions now register damage properly.
- Potion effects are cleared when you enter a warzone and restored when you exit.
- Potion effects are also cleared with each respawn.
- Harming potion deaths are now caught instead of being ignored.
- New maxzones setting to prevent zonemakers from building too many warzones. Set with /warcfg maxzones:<number>. Default is 12.
- Your last loadout selection is remembered at your next respawn, instead of forcing you to re-select your favorite loadout every time. This should be a big time saver for warzones with many extra loadouts.
- Bug fixes
- Technically, items that automatically break upon first use should be gone from newer loadouts. Please notify me if this still happens.
- Warzone lobbies can now be moved to another world.
- The warhub can now be moved from one world to another.
- Extra loadouts don't need two attempts to be saved anymore.
- Known issues
- Please report any instance of weapons disappearing upon first use (right or left click).
- Updated to v1.6.2 to fix doors turning to glass.
Since MC 1.0.0 War has trouble resetting doors (they sometimes turn to glass - don't ask, it's a terrible hack). Resetting a few times sometimes helps. I'm looking into it and will release a 1.6.2 patch as soon as I nail it down. Compatible with Craftbukkit #1597. If your wondering about future plans and progress, please refer to my big plans post and follow me on github.