posted Feb 1, 2012, 7:54 PM by tommy tony
updated Feb 1, 2012, 9:47 PM
If we should have to fight, we should be prepared to so so from the neck up instead of from the neck down.
I couldn't finish everything I wanted to do for this release, but I managed to squeeze in some pretty good bits nonetheless.
- Team specific settings and config inheritance:
- There are now three levels of configuration (as opposed to two):
- War/global (try /warcfp -p)
- Warzone-specific (/zonecfp -p)
- New: Team-specific (/teamcfg -p)
- Defaults are defined at the War level globally, but you can override them with /zonecfg and /teamcfg. For example, use "/teamcfg blue lifepool:100 respawntimer:5" to change only that team's settings.
- To restore config inheritance use, for example, "/teamcfg blue delete:lifepool". If a warzone-level lifepool setting exists, its value takes over. If not, the War-level default is applied.
- Brand new gameplay structures! The Cake and the Bomb.
- The Cake
- Set down with "/setcake <cake-name>", delete with "/deletecake <name>".
- Bring it back to your spawn for a point and a lifepool refill for your team.
- The Bomb
- Place with "/setbomb <bomb-name>", delete with "/deletebomb <name>".
- Rush for the enemy spawn to blow it up.
- Don't get attacked at close range while carrying a bomb or you'll blow up.
- Spout integration
- Warzone stats are displayed at top left
- Dedicated War message feed (for less War chat spam - win!)
- Notifications for warzone events using the achievements widgets (looks awesome)
- A new, more friendly Yaml config file format (conversion is done at startup), finally.
- New realdeaths and deathmessages configs that let you disable fast respawns (for better plugin cross-compatibility) and turn off kill/death messages.
- A respawntimer:<seconds> setting to let you keep players stuck in spawn after respawning.
- Experience is stored along with the rest of the player's state at warzone entry (and restored at exit).
- Bomb carriers emit a smoke trail. Similarly, flag and cake thieves can be more easily tracked down because they leave a trail of team-colored potion effects.
What are you waiting for?
Compatible with Craftbukkit 1.1-R3.
Please backup before updating and report back with your issues.